Here are some of the sounds/noises that can trigger a misophonia episode.
They may vary slightly from person to person (a trigger for one person might not be for another).
- Lip smacking
- Loudly shuffling papers or erratically turning pages
- People reading newspapers
- Crunching on an apple
- Something dropping on the floor suddenly (like cutlery or a remote control)
- The sound of a ring pull being pulled on a soft drink can
- The sound of someone licking their fingers
- Rustling of crisp packets or anything made of plastic
- Heels clacking on floor
- Irregular breathing (such as certain sighs or sharp intakes of breath)
- Cutlery being banged or scraped on a plate