Misophonia and Synaesthesia

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum Misophonia and Synaesthesia

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gina 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Many misophones also have synaesthesia (synaesthesia is a condition in which one type of stimulation evokes the sensation of another, as when the hearing of a sound produces the visualization of a colour)

Do you have both misophonia and synaesthesia. If so do you think there’s a direct link between the two and how does this manifest for you? It’d be great to hear your thoughts.

#317 Reply

Emily

I have synaesthesia, misophonia and misokinesia – they say things come in 3s! I guess if it is all to do with senses then perhaps they are linked? Maybe the senses are hypersensitive? I see all words as colours, but the sounds I hate don’t have angry colours, so I’m not sure if they are directly linked, but perhaps you’re more susceptible to one if you have the other, if that makes sense?

#1009607 Reply

gina

I suspected the same thing. I wouldn’t say I have Synaesthesia exactly, but I do say that to me lightning smells purple, it’s the only color association to a sense that I’ve noticed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Misophonia and Synaesthesia
Your information: