Do most mental health professionals know about misophonia

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum Do most mental health professionals know about misophonia

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  CJ 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ellen

I just found out that there is a name for what i have been going through. I have previously tried to commit suicide because of noises that i couldnt get away from. I also have schizoprenia and have been triggered by noises that were in my head. Sometimes i feel like something horrible and disgusting is being done to me against my will. I was previously sexually assaulted in a hospital and i kind of feel the same way when i am being triggered. I am currently staying in an adult foster home and my roomate makes alot of open mouth chewing noises even in her sleep. Yesterday i tried to explain to the psychiatrist that i see for the schizophrenia that these noises make me feel bad. He just said yeah those noises are annoying. I didnt feel comfortable trying to explain to him any further. My sister is also a therapist and i am scared to talk to her about it. I was told by another psychiatrist not to diagnose my self online but i am sure that this is what i have.

#1009199 Reply

CJ

My GP was clicking pen and I mentioned it to my partner and the GP asked what I said thinking I was asking him or her something (can’t remember which GP it was) and didn’t have a clue, which was a concern.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Do most mental health professionals know about misophonia
Your information: