Realizing for the 1st time that I have Misophonia – Day 2

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum Realizing for the 1st time that I have Misophonia – Day 2

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Deborah

Yesterday I googled: “Why do humans get upset when people cough?”. I never expected to find links to a sensory disorder. The reason behind my desperate search question has to do with the intense feelings that I have been having since I retired toward my Mom and Husband. My mother has undiagnosed Tourette’s syndrome (TS). She is 89 and lives with me and my husband for the last 25 years. I am 64. My mother is a heavy smoker and lately she is coughing excessively throughout the day and night. In addition to this, she has a lot of tics, talking out loud, repeating things, grunts, chewing gum, getting up literally 20 times a day to go out side to smoke. I have found all of this intolerably and feel terribly for the resentment and anger I feel towards her. Now I understand what’s going on. I have already ordered noise filtering ear buds as suggested and read most of the threads here. I found them very helpful. Thank you. I could write forever on this, but for today this is enough. I need to process all this and hopefully have something to contribute to all of you. Thank you for this forum.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    Reply To: Realizing for the 1st time that I have Misophonia – Day 2
    Your information: