Other mental health issues?

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum Other mental health issues?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lesley

I was wondering how many people here that have Misophonia also experience other mental health issues such as anxiety or OCD. I have both and was wondering if there is a link.

#8641 Reply
      Chiara

ive had some signs of other issues but it could just be hormones, although i did find that im worse than A LOT of people my age that i know when it comes to similarity to other disorders (which im saying because i haven’t actually been diagnosed) but im sure misophonia can have a large effect on ones mental state

#8653 Reply
        vivienne

I have both misophonia and misokenesia.I have also now been diagnosed as having hypnogogic hallucinations(rather than the tinnitus I thought it might be) when, following earlier episodes of noise disturbance, I became convinced that neighbours were deliberately sendong brief flashes of a variety of noises through the party wall throughout the night.I am convinced that wearing wax earplugs for much of the time exacerbated the problem.

I am now on sleeping tablets(briefly) and medicatipn to reduce my anxiety.I woulbe surprised if most misophonics are free from a degree of this given ones vulnerability to environmental stimuli and the repeated state of high arousal these cause.Even some paranoia too!

Interestingly, my overnight disturbance reduced to almost nothing once I received the diagnosis.

#1009475 Reply
          Ellen

I have misophonia, schizophrenia, bipolar and alcoholism.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          Reply To: Reply #1009475 in Other mental health issues?
          Your information: