Misophonia and Synaesthesia

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum Misophonia and Synaesthesia

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Many misophones also have synaesthesia (synaesthesia is a condition in which one type of stimulation evokes the sensation of another, as when the hearing of a sound produces the visualization of a colour)

Do you have both misophonia and synaesthesia. If so do you think there’s a direct link between the two and how does this manifest for you? It’d be great to hear your thoughts.

#317 Reply
    Emily

I have synaesthesia, misophonia and misokinesia – they say things come in 3s! I guess if it is all to do with senses then perhaps they are linked? Maybe the senses are hypersensitive? I see all words as colours, but the sounds I hate don’t have angry colours, so I’m not sure if they are directly linked, but perhaps you’re more susceptible to one if you have the other, if that makes sense?

#1009607 Reply
      gina

I suspected the same thing. I wouldn’t say I have Synaesthesia exactly, but I do say that to me lightning smells purple, it’s the only color association to a sense that I’ve noticed.

#1010892 Reply
        Julie

I have synaesthesia as well, Brussels sprouts taste pink, swede tastes foul green, violins sound yellow, clarinets sound red, loud banging noises produce white light, you get the picture. My misophonia has become lot worse as my workplace has employed a continual sniffer. Having to quit my job as employer refuses to admit misophonia exists. I would say the two conditions go hand in hand, I also have slight number dyslexia and suffer from migraines

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        Reply To: Reply #317 in Misophonia and Synaesthesia
        Your information: