Dealing with Misophonia in Class

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum Dealing with Misophonia in Class

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anna Marie

I took a gap year after graduating high school, which has been the absolute most freeing experience, somehow I’ve forgotten about how much I struggle with misophonia. High school was a very difficult time for me- constantly feeling trapped in high stress environments, I often found myself crying in the bathroom during tests, and leaving study sessions because people were eating. All of these affected my grades, which made me more stressed. It was the worst cycle.
      Next year I’ll be in college, and I’m starting to feel worried about diving back into a school environment- I was wondering if anyone with more life experience can let me know if the freedom in college made coping easier, or if it will be just as difficult as it was in high school.

#1012188 Reply
      Michael

When I go on courses, the first day I figure out who the problem people are (gum chewers seriously wreck my head) and position myself away from them. That often means coming in last to class or sitting up front to avoid a visual stimulant.
        I think as you get older you are much more able to control your environment, whereas in school you’re just stuck there and that’s very stressful. If you need to get out of a stressed situation in college you should be able to do that until you feel able to cope. I’m always trying to manipulate the world around me to make it easier for me to cope with.
        Do you do relaxation exercises? They can help a lot when you’re in a bad place 😉

#1012186 Reply
        Michael

When I go on courses, the first day I figure out who the problem people are (gum chewers seriously wreck my head) and position myself away from them. That often means coming in last to class or sitting up front to avoid a visual stimulant.
          I think as you get older you are much more able to control your environment, whereas in school you’re just stuck there and that’s very stressful. If you need to get out of a stressed situation in college you should be able to do that until you feel able to cope. I’m always trying to manipulate the world around me to make it easier for me to cope with.
          Do you do relaxation exercises? They can help a lot when you’re in a bad place 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        Reply To: Reply #1012188 in Dealing with Misophonia in Class
        Your information: