Reply To: Help with new trigger

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum Help with new trigger Reply To: Help with new trigger

moon

i can very well understand your struggle…. this can be a trigger…. misophonia is not limited to sound made by humans… i guess im on the very high end of the misophonia spectrum… adn hence can totally empathise with you… its a huge problem for me too…. but we cant expect others who do not have misophonia to understand what we are going through…. hence best way is to find solutions…. at home, it would be a good idea to sound proof you doors/windows from where the sound is leaking and coming in… you could also put on some light relaxing music of your own liking to block out the background noise… and some countries have the “right to quiet” law… this applies to tenant-landlord bonds… but you can find out more about it… and take necessary peaceful steps… focus on peaceful solutions… as the noise and anxiety will take no time to be tranformed into frustration… which will again give rise to more anxiety… thus creating a vicious circle…

as for your work area… maybe you could ask your boss to help you out… if other co-workers are playing loud music…

hope that helps…