Reply To: What Are Your Misophonia Trigger Sounds? [CONTAINS TRIGGERS]

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum What Are Your Misophonia Trigger Sounds? [CONTAINS TRIGGERS] Reply To: What Are Your Misophonia Trigger Sounds? [CONTAINS TRIGGERS]

Rosie.bee

I feel awful, but for me it is mainly set off by the sounds of one of my family members eating. When they put a forkful of food in their mouth, they suck in, making a slurping noise. It disgusts me, I have to physically restrain myself from telling them to stop it. Today they were having spaghetti for dinner, which intensified the problem due to the general slurpiness of spag bol, so I felt so much internal rage I had to leave the room until they were finished. I can still feel the rage now actually. Also, to a lesser extent, the hoover sets it off. When I’m hoovering, I make it quick and too the point. When my family are hoovering, they keep doing the same spots over and over again, taking between 5 and 10 minutes to hoover each room. More than once, I have snapped and yelled at them to ‘turn that damn noise off,’ and each time it happens I mentally visualise throwing the hoover through the window.