Reply To: What Are Your Misophonia Trigger Sounds? [CONTAINS TRIGGERS]

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum What Are Your Misophonia Trigger Sounds? [CONTAINS TRIGGERS] Reply To: What Are Your Misophonia Trigger Sounds? [CONTAINS TRIGGERS]

Elisabeth

Don’t even get me started. I can’t stand when people eat, or breathe. Gum is the worst thing ever invented. Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice to chew gum, but I stopped when I realized, HOW INFURIATING IT IS, to listen to.

I was recently seated next to a person, who absolutely loved gum. And last year, I sat next to the worst kind of person in the entire ducking universe; the person who thinks it’s FUNNY to annoy me. He realized that I rested my head on my hand, and put a finger in my ear, to block his breathing noise. But he made it worse, the second he realized that. I sometimes wanted to hit him for thinking that it was funny.

Also, I get seriously triggered by movements too. My whole family moves their feet around when watching TV. This has forced me to stay in my room most of the times, an interesting show is on the TV. And in cars…. that’s probably the worst. There’s no escape. My little sister has her hands on her lap, and then she fidgets with them. I get INFURATED. Sometimes I bring a blanket into the car, so I can put it over my head or bury my face in it. Also, we are 3 kids, so one has to be in the middle seat. That middle seat is the demon itself. There’s nowhere, I can look without a person being there, and I can’t lean on anything. That sucks. If I didn’t have my trusty old headphones….

Luckily they are noise canceling. They were expensive, but my parents realized, that I needed them, and I got them. I thank the gods for them almost every day.

Today, I was just making my lunch for tomorrow, and my mom was emptying the dish washer. I could hear her sharp breathing, and it triggered me to the point where I needed to escape. I usually pressure myself into staying, because I hope that it will get better. It never does, so when I finally surrender, I’m running. It probably looks so weird from other people’s POV. I’m just casually doing something, and then suddenly speed walking(if not running) towards the nearest door.

Anyway, I opted for the nearest door, and as soon as I closed it, I slid down the wall, and started crying. I couldn’t take it. It’s the same if I walk into the kitchen, thinking that I want to get something to eat, but then my mom is sitting at the table, eating her favorite food. Its some kind of, IDK thick yoghurt? But EVERY TIME she puts the spoon down, to pick up some more, it makes that deadly sound we all know. It sounds like someone eating a banana or yoghurt(times 10). It SO BAD.

I usually just close the door again. It’s the same when my little sister eats crackers. I know she gets hurt, but I can’t deal with it.

And there’s something I have named “unconscious eating” it’s when people eat, but they eat SSLLOOWWLLYY because their attention is on something like a newspaper or a phone.