Reply To: Housemate’s breathing and constant throat clearing driving me to tears

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum Housemate’s breathing and constant throat clearing driving me to tears Reply To: Housemate’s breathing and constant throat clearing driving me to tears

Gemma Hunter

Hi Claire and G.R. Thank you for your replies. Claire, I hope things have picked up for you. It really is horrible isn’t it. I have been feeling a bit more tolerant lately because my mood in general has improved a bit with time. One thing that i have found helps me a bit is telling someone about it. I usually text my Mum if it’s really bothering me, because she suffers misophonia too, so she understands, and we will usually end up having a bit of a laugh about how seemingly ridiculous we are for raging about people breathing, which makes me feel a bit better.
    C.R, thank you for your comment, I hadn’t thought of it that way and it’s always good to look at things from a different perspective. I think you may be right about anxiety, as she has other anxiety related tics such as picking and eating foot skin (yes, I died). I did mention that one to her and asked if she was ok however she said she was fine. I don’t know whether she feels close enough to me to talk about anything like that. Either way, she is leaving in 10 weeks so I am sure I will survive until then 🙂 things are much better than they were when I posted. My mood being low from my personal situation was definitely directly related to how much it bothered me. thank you both for your input.