Reply To: What Are Your Misophonia Trigger Sounds? [CONTAINS TRIGGERS]

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum What Are Your Misophonia Trigger Sounds? [CONTAINS TRIGGERS] Reply To: What Are Your Misophonia Trigger Sounds? [CONTAINS TRIGGERS]

pha

Chewing gum, especially on a bus or train when I’m stuck and can’t get away. The anxiety and anger are roiling. I know some people feel uncomfortable moving once they’ve sat down but I just keep changing train cars til I find a quiet one.

Biting nails, (AAAAAAAAAH NO NONONONONO NONONO NO NO) especially one of the students that I supervise at work. Constantly biting nails and cracking knuckles. He repulses me.

Cracking knuckles. My boyfriend is a programmer and also plays piano, which I love about him. He is normally so caring and careful about my misophonia, but he needs to crack his knuckles. He says it’s uncomfortable if he doens’t do it. He uses his hands a lot, I think that’s why.

Burping, eating, typing on certain keyboards (but not others). Applause, but only when it’s recorded, like on a live track, and not IRL. So weird.